Friday, October 2, 2009

¡Viva México!

This video is of the Zócalo in Mexico City on September 16th. The night before this place was filled with people screaming "¡Viva México!" As you can see, Mexico will now be celebrating it's bicentennial all year. 1810-2009... we're now "celebrating 200 years of independence". Next year is going to be off the hook. 1810-2010. Who's coming for that?!?!

The night before I was not in the Zócalo, however. I was enjoying a delicious, homemade posole made by Yolko's mother-in-law. I learned that the evening of the 15th, it's more common for people to celebrate with their families eating posole. As much as I wanted to be in the Zócalo, I opted for the food and the familiar company (rather than getting soaked with the other 1,000's of folks in the Zócalo). I know, you're not shocked that I chose the yummy food option. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment