Monday, August 17, 2009

Casper?

My quest for my "permanent" apartment continues. Today I looked at two more and found the perfect place.... I hope he picks me!

I must say, it was never a shock that I was going to be stared at and made comments about. I'm 5"8 and I'm still blond under Mexican rules even though I dyed my hair darker. Children look at me like they've never seen anything like me in their lives. Yesterday, though, I got the BEST reaction out of this one man. I was walking down a street that was relatively crowded. The man is walking by me right next to me. All of the sudden he looks up at me (yes, looks up) and actually took a step back with his mouth gaping open. I had to keep walking to keep from busting up laughing. He literally looked like he'd seen a ghost. It was awesome. I think I need to hit up the beach fast because I MUST be pale if I'm getting that kind of reaction out of people.

Today was the first day that I walked to school AND home without getting detoured by my own carelessness (meaning, I didn't get lost at all). This little victory today felt great.


1 comment:

  1. Sweetie... no te preocupes... aunque te pongas al sol 24 horas al día seguirás siendo blanquita para ellos.... lo soy yo así que te puedes imaginar jajajajajaja.....
    Ánimo guapa!!!!!

    ReplyDelete